Securities & Capital Markets
In raising capital and dealing with securities regulatory matters, it is imperative to be supported by a legal team with extensive knowledge and experience that can provide practical solutions, assist in making well-reasoned decisions and ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Our Securities & Capital Markets lawyers employ their in-depth knowledge of the laws that govern capital markets to help clients with a wide array of matters, from private placements for early-stage issuers to complex public equity offerings, allowing us to advise small and medium-sized enterprises in both established and emerging markets. We bring experience, practical knowledge and industry expertise to assist our clients with initial public offerings, secondary offerings, private placements and alternative financing methods.
Our team of experienced lawyers regularly assists clients with corporate and securities compliance matters, including continuous disclosure requirements provided by the applicable securities commissions and policies of stock exchanges and self-regulatory organizations. We are also well-versed in the stock exchange listing requirements and have successfully acted for numerous issuers seeking a listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX), TSX Venture Exchange (TSX-V), NEO Exchange (NEO) and Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE).
We represent both public and private entities in all aspects of securities and capital market transactions, such as:
- Public and private debt and equity financings, including venture capital financing and initial public offerings
- Convertible debt financing
- Negotiating loans and security agreements
- Acquisition and leveraged financing
- Asset-based lending
- Pre-IPO financing, both seed and mezzanine financing
- Mergers and acquisitions, including amalgamations, mergers, arrangements, reverse takeovers and acquisitions
- Takeover bids, issuer bids and related party transactions
- Equity and debt restructurings and reorganizations
- Stock exchange listings on the TSX, TSX-V, NEO and CSE
- Investment dealer registrations
- Ongoing compliance with securities regulators and self-regulatory organizations, including public company maintenance and compliance
- Corporate governance matters
Our clients include public and private issuers, market intermediaries, governmental agencies and other market participants spanning a wide variety of industries, including:
- Oil and gas
- Banking and Financial Services
- Real estate
- Digital Assets and Blockchain
- Artificial Intelligence