Franchise, Licencing & Distribution
Garfinkle Biderman represents businesses across a broad spectrum of industries, from traditional ‘brick-and-mortar’ franchises to clients offering products and services through unique distribution methods. Whether your business is an emerging or established brand, Garfinkle Biderman’s Franchise team can assist you with the growth, protection and development of your brand.
We assist franchisors, franchisees, area developers, master franchisees, manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and licensors in all business sectors with the development and expansion of their systems and networks across Canada.
The areas in which we assist our clients include:
- Drafting of franchise agreements, area development agreements and master franchise agreements
- Preparation of franchise disclosure documents (FDDs)
- Coordinating the purchase or sale of a franchise system or individual franchised unit
- Commercial leasing
- Dispute resolution, including litigation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Negotiation of financing
- Preparation of distribution, manufacturing, supply and licence agreements
- Trademark protection
- Advertising and marketing issues